I really got on tonight so I can share our good news. On Sunday, November 16th Brigham Scot Shupe joined our family. He weighed in at 7lbs. 1oz. and 20 1/2 inches long.
We are very excited even though all has not gone smoothly. He came about 2 weeks before his due date because the doctor was worried about some incision pain I'd been having. It turns out her fears were well founded, and my old c-section scars were not holding up to baby and lots of fluid too well.
Because of the nature of c-section births not all of the fluid was squeezed out of Brigham's lungs during the birth. Some babies are able to work through it on their own but Brigham struggled. So he was sent to the NICU where he's been well cared for. This morning they said his lungs had dried out but he's had a few set backs. So we're just waiting to see how long it will take him to work through everything before they can send him home. They said he's strong and doing well but we have just a little ways to go before they let us bring him home. They've assured us that this is not uncommon for c-section babies and it's just a matter of time before we're able to bring him home.
So we're thrilled, and we think he's adorable and we can't wait until they get rid of the tubes so we can hold him. :) For now we're just hanging out here waitin' for the doctors to say "He's all better." I have to say this has been the most emotional few days of my life. We're all a little on the exhausted side but wanted to let you know what's going on. I can't even tell you how thankful I am for the priesthood, prayer and my awesome family.
7 comments:
Oh he is beautiful. Congratulations, and we will keep you all in our prayers. Love you!
oh stacie! he is so beautiful!! and how scary!! i'm so glad your doctor felt the need to do something and that he's here! you are both in our prayers. we love you lots and wish we were closer!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Congratulations little lady! I am so excited for you and your family. We will keep you in our prayers, and that all will go well and he will be home soon in the comfort of your arms.
I just talked to Jeff - I thought I had deleted the email link but just found it.
I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BOTH OK! You don't know how badly I want to hop a plane to Utah to take help you, though I know you have family and friends there doing the job :) It's hard to be so far away from you guys in times like these!
He is absolutely beautiful, but of course he is :)
We love you and your family, and you are in our prayers. Can't wait for him to come home and have newborn photos!
Amy
Uncle Doug and I are sending prayers your way also! We love you guys! You need to heal quickly too! Little Brigham is really sweet! Welcome to the family little guy! Your Great Uncle and Great Aunt are looking forward to meeting you!
Love Aunt Jean and Uncle Doug
Stacie- hang in there! He's so cute! I know he'll be better soon. You're in my prayers and I can't wait to see you an him home together!
He is so beautiful. We are ALL awaiting his happy homecoming and praying for you!
Post a Comment