The Shupes

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Be careful what you wish for.

You just might get it. . . I went downstairs to the studio this morning hoping for just 1 okay shot we could use on our Christmas Card. That's just what I got. One (Out of 50 or so) okay shot. Little stinkers. :) They were funny though.

Tayson was pouting because he didn't get to hold Brig for the picture, so then we said he'd get a treat if he smiled good and cooperated. . . so then we got his awesome wide open mouth smile in the majority of pictures. AKA his FAKE smile.

Emmie was so squirmy just when I thought we were ready Emmie would be falling off the stool, ducking behind Aly, or leaning out of the frame completely.

Aly was good. So good. She didn't even fake smile. (She's been going through that fake smile phase bad. Her school pictures were hilarious.) Her only problem is she was so distracted by Brigham that she forgot to look up even when we told her to, and I was so busy watching the other two I didn't even notice her not looking.

I have a friend who manages to take beautiful pictures of her kids, even poses of them all together. (She's a photographer too.) So I know a mom can take more than one good picture of her own kids I just haven't figured out all of the details yet! AMY!!! I'm gonna have to fly ya out honey! :)

Before I show ya, just a little disclaimer, the color looks fine in photoshop but when I uploaded the last 2 in here it looked pale and greenish. Maybe it's just my contacts.

Anyway here's what we ended up with:



And the winner is:

8 comments:

Rae said...

It's gorgeous! It makes me want to dress my kids in black and do more photo shoots with you again. But, I'm sure Colby would say it's too soon, no room in the budget.

Lori said...

That one is way cute! Good job not killing anyone. :)

Amy C. said...

oh that one you got is BEAUTIFUL. PLEASE BLOW THAT UP AND HANG IT OVER YOUR PIANO. The individuals are amazing, too. You are the best, you just dont know it!!

jami v. said...

so very great!! your kids are adorable ... and i love the silly one! :) such true colors!!

Anonymous said...

So cute girl! Such Talent!

Pooka said...

Personally i love the one where they're sticking their tongues out!

Angie said...

Your kids are so lucky to have such a talented mom! They might be annoyed with all the flashing right now, but down the road those are going to be what they totally treasure! I want to see new pictures of the baby! Or even better let's set up a play date!!!

Ash said...

You truly are great at what you do. :) And your family is beautiful. I can't wait to have you photograph my baby when it gets here!